You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Has the price changed?

I've just noticed that the price of the 3 applications are R999 and I'm sure they used to be R799. Since my currency's exchange rate to the US Dollar has not drastically changed, I can only assume the Dollar price has changed.

Even if I factor my country's local tax (VAT) of 15% into the price, I can't get it to the current displayed price.

If I use the sum:

US Dollar price   x   Exchange rate   +   15% VAT   =   my local price in South African Rands

($49 x 15) x 1.15 = R845   This is very close to my memory of R799 and this can be due to a few cents in the exchange rate. Without VAT, I'm equally close.

($59 x 15) x 1.15 = R1017  This is close to the current displayed price.

Are the Affinity apps $49 or $59?

Note: A quick Google search revealed Photo selling for $45 on B&H, and all review sites still list it as $49. Is my country (or other countries) getting penalized? Are there separate US and an international prices? It feels wrong that I'm being presented with a 20% markup on the advertised price.

• Staff

@Stephen_H Prices for some regions have updated recently to match increases in the Apple Store matrix. We match our prices to those on the Apple Store as we want all customers paying the same price worldwide across all platforms. The prices take into consideration exchange rates as well as local taxes and charges.

For those in the US prices are currently US$49.99 per app. For those in South Africa, they are currently ZAR999.99.