You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What's the difference between choosing "Assign" or "Convert" when changing color space from RGB to CMYK?

43 minutes ago, feelingprettyred said:

Hey, sorry im late but reading through this im having the exact same problem with 100 black, as you can see on my profile, how did you fix it? i have so many print jobs and im having to work back in AI as i just can not get 100|K black in affinity

Hi, as it's been a while I'm unfortunately not quite sure anymore what I exactly did... However, one the one hand I remember I did some test runs using different settings for exporting my PDFs. On the other hand I tried to make sure I was using the desired CMYK colour profile right from the start in any of my documents. Last but not least I deleted that ”Greys“ pallette which came with Publisher as those greys (including the Black within that pallette) weren't just ”K greys“  but actually ”rich“ greys made of percentages of all the CMYK colours – especially the „Black“ therein caused problems as it also was a ”rich“ CMYK-Black. After deleting the old one set up a new ”Greys“ application pallette which is made of a 100% K Black and corresponding shades of that ”proper“ Black.

So far this has worked for me, but I tend to be cautious and always check my PDFs for printing services on another computer that still got Acrobat Pro running...

Hi, maybe setting up a global color swatch with CMYK values 0 0 0 100 and making it a "spot color" with "overprint" could ensure the exported PDF has only 100% black?

Assign this spot global color with overprint to the text and export the PDF. I read this in another thread but can't remember the output results.