You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Update 1.8.6 Crashes With Nik 3 Collection (Viveza 2) Plug-in

Hi,

Thank you.

I have macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

I'm experiencing a crash in each instance, when -

- I try to apply Viveza 2 to a whole layer/photograph with universal adjustments, or

- if I try to apply Viveza 2 to a whole layer/photograph using a control point(s).

This happens after completing adjustments in the Develop Persona on a RAW-file, or when trying to apply Viveza 2 straight to a JPEG-file.

Prior to the 1.8.6 update - and before the macOS Big Sur update - everything worked perfect using Affinity Photo & Nik 3 Collection.

Also, I've observed that use of the Nik 3 Collection plug-ins has become slower since said updates.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

• Staff

Hi perkinsdesigns,
Thanks for the additional info. Viveza 2 is working correctly on Mojave and Catalina in v1.8.6.
I believe the issues/crashes you are experiencing are specific to Big Sur. I'm not able to check/test them myself at the moment because the latest Nik Collection 3 installer also doesn't recognise macOS Big Sur despite saying it supports macOS 10.7 or newer and only provides a Quit button without installing anything. This is a known issue that's already with DxO.
I believe they are preparing a compatibility update for macOS Big Sur which should fix the installer and other issues their users are reporting. I advise you to wait for the next Nik Collection update and/or contact DxO support directly about these issues as they don't seem directly related to Affinity Photo specifically.

• Staff

Hi @perkinsdesigns,
I've just checked Nik Collection on macOS Big Sur (DXO updated their installer) and it also crashes for me in Viveza. We also had similar reports from other users as well. I know at least one of them filled a support ticket with DxO regarding the Viveza crash. Let's see what they say.