• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Mac App Store: Not submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Available

---

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.9.0.850 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is significant update from the 1.8 version available for purchase - we strongly recommend that you do not use this beta for real work as data could be lost and the files you save are not guaranteed to open in previous or future versions of Affinity Publisher.

---

Fixes And Improvements

• Updated to work correctly with new 1.8.6 Mac App Store version. Fixes issue in Build 843 that prevented this. 
  • Universal build, so includes Intel and Apple silicon code

• Fixed possible crash applying Picture Frame properties 
  • Opening a template from File > Open or Drag and drop will now open it as untitled
  • Filter Effect Dialog - Enabled the use of global colours

---

Release Notes for 1.9.0.843

Release Notes for 1.9.0.829

Release Notes for 1.9.0.822

Release Notes for 1.9.0.801

Release Notes for 1.9.0.796

Release Notes for 1.9.0.742

---

To be notified about all future Mac beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

Downloading brushes could be more intuitive.

So I registered the beta, then went to download the brushes. They appeared but there was no explanation as to what to do with them. A download or install button would have been nice. Otherwise a brief explanation of where the brushes belong (i.e., which app) would be helpful.

Still confused about it, and since I closed the window, I can't figure out how to reopen it.

11 minutes ago, Chris Christner said:

They appeared but there was no explanation as to what to do with them. A download or install button would have been nice. Otherwise a brief explanation of where the brushes belong (i.e., which app) would be helpful.

They appear in the application you just registered, and they're installed automatically.

For Publisher, they would download/install only if you also have Photo beta and/or Designer beta installed and linked to Publisher. But if you do have one of both of those applications the brushes will install in the relevant Persona in Publisher. (Photo, if you're taking about the Luminance brushes.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

20 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

For Publisher, they would download/install only if you also have Photo beta and/or Designer beta installed and linked to Publisher. But if you do have one of both of those applications the brushes will install in the relevant Persona in Publisher. (Photo, if you're taking about the Luminance brushes.)

Thanks, Walt! That's good to know. My original point was that the process could be more intuitive. Is there somewhere that I missed that explains what you just told me?

23 minutes ago, Chris Christner said:

Thanks, Walt! That's good to know. My original point was that the process could be more intuitive. Is there somewhere that I missed that explains what you just told me?

It's possible there's something in the beta Help about it, but I haven't looked.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 7:26 PM, Chris Christner said:

I can't figure out how to reopen it.

Go to the main menu, click on "My account ..." to open it again. Once you are logged in you can select which "packs" you want to install or remove from your computer. At the moment there is nothing to do but to install and remove this one brush set, but I'm sure it'll get more useful, once all the kinks are ironed out and it's released publicly.

Currently there's no documentation or explanation, but given the limited functionality (log in, log out, install one brush set, remove one brush set), I think we don't need one yet.