You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.6 and Big Sur (11.0.1) extension problems

MacGB

A small update deploying the RAW behavior further.

When I use for instance the extension "Affinity Monochrome" Affinity fires up and shows just a full color picture. When I change the sliders nothing seems to happen, however when I save back the picture is monochrome, but in this way I just cannot see the effect in advance.

However with the same procedure, after moving the picture down it wil show partly monochrome, and afterwards moving up it will show completely monochrome and I can use the sliders in realtime. So I will be able to see the edits "real-time"

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-17 om 13.15.50.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-17 om 13.16.08.jpg

Similar things happen by using the other extensions like, Retouch, Liquify, Miniature etc. After opening Affinity from Photos using the extension, nothing seems to happen, but after scrolling th picture up and down in the Affinity window, I will be able to see what I am doing.

Then again, only using RAW. It doesn't matter if I use the RAW engine from sherif or the one from Apple. It results in the same behavior.  For jpegs it's ok.

Is there a setting in Affinity that I need to modify, or is this indeed a "Bug"

Thanks

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

I have a related problem when I use the "Edit in Affinity" extension. The file (JPG) opens in Affinity for editing. After editing, it is saved back to Photos, and the edits are visible in the Edit window of Photos. But when I click the "Save edits" button in Photos, I get an unexpected error message, so that the edits cannot be saved to the Photos library.