You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

font hover preview no longer works

spinhead

Mac Big Sur and AD 1.8.6 update update yesterday. Nearly no issues; biggest thing I've noticed is that when I click the font dropdown, it no longer changes the font as I hover over a font. It used to change in a sort of preview-y manner which I loved. Now I have to click the font and commit the change to see the text in the new font.

• Staff

@spinhead,
Can you check something for me please? You said it's working for you after downgrading to 1.8.4. Create a new document, use one of the text tools to write something and try to change the font family in the context toolbar dropdown - everything should be working ok up to this point. Now create/write text block and try to change the font family from the context toolbar again - does the preview work for you this second time? Thanks.

I reinstalled 1.8.4 with hopes of improvement, but actually the font preview only works the first time, re-selecting a different font no longer shows the preview.
This is the case in all Affinity in-store programs and versions, including Beta on Mac BigSur 11.0.1
On Windows 10, the preview works normally.

• Staff

Yes we can confirm this is a Big Sur specific issues where only the first use of font preview works. As you say  this also affects older versions, 1.8.6 is no  worse and no better 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2020 at 9:31 AM, Patrick Connor said:

Yes we can confirm this is a Big Sur specific issues where only the first use of font preview works. As you say  this also affects older versions, 1.8.6 is no  worse and no better 

Hello Patrick,

Having the same issues here. Do you have an idea when this problem will be solved? It's a pretty annoying problem and a reason to choose for another app if this problem will continue for a longer time.