I'm glad to see there is some rudimentary colour managament support in Affinity photo. To be useful however it should also support rendering intents. When converting from one colour space to another it's quite importent to define how the colours are converted. I.e. what happens to colours that are out of gamut in the colour space the colours are converted to:

Key rendering intents:

- Perseptual rendering intent: All colours are "moved" into the gamut of the new colour space. The visual distance between the colours are kept, but none of the colours are kept the same.

- Relative colorimetric rendering intent: Colours which fit inside the target colour space are kept colorimetricaly identical to the original colour. Colours outside of the target gamut are converted to the nearest reproducible colour in the target colour space (gamut clipping wil occur).

- Absolute colorimetric rendering intent: Same as above, but the white point of the original colour space is reproduced into the target colour space (used for simulation of print a.o.).

Also, the menu option is confusingly labeled. "Convert ICC profile…". It is not the ICC profile that is converted, it is the image's colours that are converted. A more appropriate label would then be: "Convert to profile…" / "Convert to colour space…" / "Convert colours to ICC-profile…".

I can not use Affinity photo without this control of colour convertions (teaching at a BA in design for digital and analog media).

Hi arnstein

If you go to the colour profiles section in preferences, you should find options for the rendering intent which include those you have mentioned

For the language use don the menu, I much prefer your suggestions so I shall get this logged

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi, i have a similar problem. If I export my images through the panel export persona und click the button "embed profile", no ICC-Profile is embedded. BUT: if i do the same steps through the menu "File-> Export" and use the same options like above, the ICC-Profile is in there.

Do I make something wrong? Two Ways, same Options, two different results but there should be the same result, don´t you think?

Greetings

Mathias

Many greetings,

Mathias

www.mediawork.berlin

info@mediawork.berlin

There also does not seem to be a way of choosing the rendering intent when printing on a mac at all. the pc version is fine but the mac version has no intent drop box.