You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Backwards compatibility broken

Hi,

currently (and for a few previous betas too), most of my older files open looking completely broken, I can send you some files if needed, but it's a really breaking bug, I need to go back to older photos from time to time and I can't rely on AP for this.

I think this was already reported a few betas ago and the response was that it's a known issue. This is bad.

Current Beta looks:

image.png.a64edb60d8f3754f11e15391e97ebe30.png

Last export (dated 19.XI.2019):

image.png.cb66ab341ba9921e21b8e11d82a7bf3e.png

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

• Staff

It seems like you mean lack of forward compatibility, as in the latest beta doesn't understand existing beta files. Is that what you mean or is it even worse in that the latest beta doesn't match the export from release build either.

Without telling us the version numbers you are comparing and providing sample files it's impossible to say if this is new or not.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.