You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just  bought a Trotec Laser Speedy 400 and I am using Affinity software to design projects to laser etched and cut. In order for the laser machine to recognize a cut area, the specifications are specific. They are  RGB. R-255 G-0 B-0 which translates to Red, the cut line needs to be 0.072 mm.  Currently the stroke in Affinity can only be pt. I cannot find any option the change it to mm. I had to download a freeware called Inkscape to help with that feature. Please advise 

Imzan,

Google says 1.0 mm = 2.83465 points, so your 0.072 mm = 0.20409 points. Might not 0.2 points (0.0705556 mm) be close enough?

I don't think you can get closer than that as AF Designer seems limited to entering tenths of units.

Regards, Carl

point size.jpg

6 hours ago, Imzan Hussein said:

Currently the stroke in Affinity can only be pt. I cannot find any option the change it to mm

You can change the Document's Units to mm (if not already) but you also need to ensure that in Edit > Preferences > User Interface, the option for Show lines in points is not selected.

Alternatively, you can just type 0.072mm directly in the stoke dimension field. (It will be converted back to points, but it will be 0.072mm)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.