Sign in to follow this  
abhimat

Embedded Document appears pixellated in exported PDF

I have several embedded Affinity Designer documents in my file, and when I export my file as a PDF, the portion of the file containing the embedded document appears pixellated and blurry in the output PDF. Meanwhile, all other components are completely sharp.

When I view the Affinity Designer file in Affinity Designer, all the embedded documents appear normal: completely sharp vector images as expected. This seems like it is a bug with the export as PDF feature.

Thanks!

Abhimat

Hi abhimat

This is most likely due to the embedded documents being rasterized in the PDF export. As they are embedded documents which can contain a number of elements these have to be rasterized for PDF

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I've been bitten by this too. The embedded document feature was nice in that it allows me to place an element at multiple locations, such as for labels, and have them all update when one is edited. The problem is when I go to print, the quality is terrible as they are all rasterized and I lose all the nice sharp vectors.

Any chance this will be improved upon? or is there a better way of doing this?

Hi msmiley,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently there's no way around this. Embedded documents are rasterized on export.

There will be improvements later to deal with the situations like this - symbols, linked and improved embedded files - but for now there's isn't much i can suggest. For more information about what's coming please check Designer's roadmap.