You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange bug with history

Unfortunately I can't find any specific scenario for this, usually this concerns new layers, with stuff being painted over them (regular, inpainting) with some undo thrown in. The only thing I'm most certain is that undo can cause this behavior.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

• 4 weeks later...

@Gabe to see the issue, just move back to the start of history, you will find that the selected (arrow with one line) layer is painted white a lot and it's empty at the end of history.

Also, try this:

1. Select 'black' layer (arro with two lines)

2. ctrl+click, nothing is selected

3. enable layer visibility and try the same, it should select properly now.

4. with the selection, make the black layer disabled, and select the layer directly below it

5. go to: edit -> fill, choose inpainting, notice that the UI kinda looses responsivness and waits for the "working' dialog to appear for a long time.

6. edit -> inpaint is much more responsive/fast

7. you can compare the results too as I felt they were different (also using inpainting brush+selection seems to give different results too).

image.png.1888e6e5e58fb75e9fec2c9922c0b806.png

• 2 months later...

It's back. With a vengeance.

See the clips, the screen gets corrupted easily, and after one of these, I managed to damage the layer I was working on.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentFurtiveSoymilkArsonNoSexy-o9819aDCeYv6Q8YM

https://clips.twitch.tv/FrozenMildDadChefFrank-grv8kFOHEkZq4sH_

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.