You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Startup performance 1.8.6 (and 1.9.0, 1.9.1)

Very quick start up for me. Much faster then before, however I am not running the AppStore version, but use the download from the website.

iMac 27” 16 GB,  2 TB fusion. Running Big Sur.

Do have serious problems with the Extensions for Photo’s though. (Posted a topic in this forum about that).

3 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi MacGB,
This issue only affects the Mac App Store version on macOS Big Sur. The Affinity Store version and Betas all start fast as usual.
Will have to take a look at the extensions. Thanks for bringing it up.

Not only on MacOS Big Sur. I have this issue on MacOS Catalina with the Mac App Store version.

I'm seeing the same issue. I counted some 34 bounces of the icon before the UI appears on first launch. It is at least much faster on the second startup. This is on a Mac Pro 3.3Ghz 12 core, 96Gb RAM and 4Tb SSD running Big Sur 11.0.1. And, in common with the mentions above, this is using the Mac App Store version.

Not sure if it will help, but I noticed that this happens consistently after a fresh reboot and so I decided to do a few reboots and then launch Affinity Designer and Photo after the system rebooted.  Both of them were very slow, sometimes taking >10 seconds before the application started up.  Subsequently launches are much faster (1-2 seconds).  As soon as I rebooted, the first launch was really slow again.  I kicked off Activity Monitor and noticed that SYSPOLICYD was chowing on the CPU on that first launch of each and it kicked in right as I clicked on the application in the dock.  Not sure if this will give you another clue to help determine the source of the problem.  Subsequent launches do not appear to trigger SYSPOLICYD like the first launch.

In my case, all three programs start as fast as always (maybe even a bit faster, but that can also be a subjective impression). After initial difficulties with the download from the MAS everything went smoothly today. (iMac 2017, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6)

Cheers, Puck

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

Is there any chance to step back to AP 1.8.5 or 1.8.4 with the App Store Version and Big Sur? I have to retouch some Pictures for a client and it seems that my retirement will be faster then the end of the project. Also storing/exporting PSD takes 2 up to 5 cups of coffee. 

Thx for your support.