You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.9.0.204)

On 11/17/2020 at 6:39 PM, Andy Somerfield said:

Aftemplate,

I have nearly implemented the "node mode" feature a few times now - never actually got round to doing it - I imagine it will happen at some point (although not for 1.9!).

It would be interesting to hear what people would expect from a feature like that..

Thanks,

A

(This is the most shocking news I've ever heard this year!)Thank you! @Andy Somerfield 
I hope, node map is like a building, with multiple layers of drilling links. Avoid map that are too large. and accommodate more nodes.
Fully Expose as many nodes as possible and provide an expert mode options to lose warranty: remove all limit. Max freedom!!
The person who redefines the rules of the photo editing game is you!

Adobe recently acquired Substance Designer. A node editor. 

The more restricted you put on the program, the closer you program is to idiot.

On 11/17/2020 at 6:39 PM, Andy Somerfield said:

Aftemplate,

I have nearly implemented the "node mode" feature a few times now - never actually got round to doing it - I imagine it will happen at some point (although not for 1.9!).

It would be interesting to hear what people would expect from a feature like that..

Thanks,

A

On 11/17/2020 at 6:13 PM, fde101 said:

The devs mentioned somewhere on the forum that the Affinity products use something like a node-based architecture internally as part of their engine.  Obviously it is presented to the user using layers instead.

This is not a change, it has been that way for some time now (presumably from day 1) so I wouldn't read into it.  If they are already node-based internally but are using the more limited presentation of layers at the user level then this was obviously an intentional design choice they made and I wouldn't expect it to change quickly.

Now we can count on the hope of 2.x, this heavyweight feature will be available! :D 
Andy Somerfield is the Brilliant developer I've ever met, affinity photo is a Breathtaking masterpiece.

The more restricted you put on the program, the closer you program is to idiot.

Hello, this beta doesn't respect the portrait orientation of photos brought in from my iphone 12 pro. All ll photos come in landscape :/

Also, is there a tutorial on how to use the new Astrophotograohy stacking feature?

Thanks for all you do!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff
2 hours ago, ronnyb said:

Also, is there a tutorial on how to use the new Astrophotograohy stacking feature?

New feature tutorials tend come out just after the official release (to allow the feature to mature during beta). I am sure @James Ritson is working on one

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.