You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ICC profiles not loading in 1.8.6

David56

On 12/21/2020 at 10:48 AM, Christhephoto said:

Hello Affinity, any news on this please? I have had to shift my business back to Photoshop because of this. I get exactly the same results as the images shown in late November. It's been over a month now, and this is starting to raise a question of whether Affinity is geared up to provide professional level support.

Im starting to wonder the same. Thinking of just jumping back to Adobe as it seems Affinity lack the ability to develop their software competently and address major issues with their software in good time when their competence fails them. Being that Big Sur was released almost two months ago now, it really isn't acceptable that this hasn't been addressed and fixed in my opinion. I paid for the software expecting great things and have fallen at the first hurdle considering I cant even produce press ready files for my clients and suppliers.

Now 100 quid out of pocket and left with software that is unusable for almost 2 months now, it's safe to say I am not impressed in the slightest. If they want to compete with Adobe, they have a hell of a lot of work to do on both the development side and the customer support side. It really needs to be better than this.. 

Can you give me an update and timeframe as to when we can expect a fix please? 

FWIW, I restored version 1.8.1 of Publisher (overwriting 1.8.6) from Time Machine and it is still fine w/ my Pro-10 profiles under Mojave.  And of course, it doesn't play well with the rest of the 1.8.6 suite, but that I can work around.  I am guessing you could restore the rest of the suite to 1.8.1, but haven't tried. Also, I haven't tried this under Big Sur.  Is anyone using Big Sur that doesn't have to (ie. has "Apple Silcon")?  

On 12/29/2020 at 1:44 AM, wjb said:

FWIW, I restored version 1.8.1 of Publisher (overwriting 1.8.6) from Time Machine and it is still fine w/ my Pro-10 profiles under Mojave.  And of course, it doesn't play well with the rest of the 1.8.6 suite, but that I can work around.  I am guessing you could restore the rest of the suite to 1.8.1, but haven't tried. Also, I haven't tried this under Big Sur.  Is anyone using Big Sur that doesn't have to (ie. has "Apple Silcon")?  

As far as I know, my iMac (late 2015) doesn't have "Apple Silicon". I upgraded to Big Sur about a month ago (now running OS 11.1) and I'm having no problems with Affinity Photo.

The problem with the ICC Profiles is, as I've pointed out previously on this thread, a matter of filepath: on older versions they were stored in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/. However, by accident or design, they are now found in /Users/Me/Library/Containers/Affinity Photo/Data/Library/Application Support/profiles. That, at least, works for me.

Regards, and a Happy New Year,

Biff

3 hours ago, BiffBrown said:

As far as I know, my iMac (late 2015) doesn't have "Apple Silicon". I upgraded to Big Sur about a month ago (now running OS 11.1) and I'm having no problems with Affinity Photo.

The problem with the ICC Profiles is, as I've pointed out previously on this thread, a matter of filepath: on older versions they were stored in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/. However, by accident or design, they are now found in /Users/Me/Library/Containers/Affinity Photo/Data/Library/Application Support/profiles. That, at least, works for me.

Regards, and a Happy New Year,

Biff

"As far as I know?" (emoji deleted)  Sorry, I joined the thread later, and I (and several others) didn't read the earlier part of the thread as closely.  Nonetheless, /Users/Me/Library/Containers/Affinity Photo/Data/Library/Application Support/profiles is just wrong.  Useful work-around though, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks JPR Nov 27 2020 post for suggestion. Delay in responding due to family bereavement.

I completely uninstalled all my Epson P600 software and removed printer from iMac. Then reinstalled latest available drivers from Epson, Catalina , [no Big Sur available] and added P600 back to printers.

Still no Colour Matching facility available but now I can can a print with full colours which just needs fine tuning with appropriate custom paper profile.

I tracked down the colour profiles.

1114770563_Colourprofiesmissing.thumb.jpg.de349169125dfff5e5fa42a23c3b39cb.jpg

As you can see they were greyed out. 

Interestingly when I went back to that folder after taking the above screen shot they were now shown in black. Still nn Colour Matching option in Print though.

Nor can I access them for Soft Proof even though I have put them in what I thought were the appropriate folders.

Please Affinity, work your magic, it really is quite frustrating.

Apparently you can import the ICC profiles, it came from a similar issue I raised before I saw this thread, however I found that I could import one particular profile but not any of my Canon paper profiles and like you there is no colour control via print.

Seems 1.9 is in the works so hopefully an update soon.

Just echo what others are saying; after upgrading to macOS Big Sur none of my Canson and Hahnemühle profiles are visible in the soft proof adjustment. This is a major issue for me and others that are printing for their businesses. 

I did the below troubleshooting which unfortunately didn't resolve the issue, hopefully it might help the Affinity team tho;

- Removed and reinstalled Affinity Photo (from the AppStore).
- Removed and reinstalled using trail download from Affinity Photo site.
- Checked permissions on /Library/ColorSync/Profile which was all OK.
- Tested an already existing second login account on my Mac.
- Removed and re-added icc profiles.
- As a test I downloaded new icc profiles. 
- Created a brand new admin account.
- Safe boot.

• 3 weeks later...

Just downloaded update 1.9.0 for mac for all three apps in hope problem would be resolved. Great update with new features & fixes. Unfortunately NO fix for this problem!

Affinity could we have an update on this thread please as to when problem will be solved. Thank You.

As the original poster on this topic I am also very disappointed that this issue has not been resolved in 1.9.0.  There was not a problem with this prior to 1.8.6 so I am not clear why there it should not be an easy one to resolve.  I have not found a work around that is effective so cannot use new papers or custom ICC profiles.  This is more than annoying.

• 3 months later...
On 11/27/2020 at 5:51 PM, JPR said:

I had exactly the same problem (no Colour Matching option) when I first used AP with Big Sur and my Epson P800 printer.  Like you I checked Epson for new drivers, with no luck.  However simply deleting the printer from the System Prefs>Printers list, and then adding it again, cured the problem.  Worth a try with your P600?

Big Sur and the same problem here until I read your post. Deleting and adding the printer again brought Colour Matching back! (Printing exported soft proofed files from Color Sync Utility was my planned work around, because that method seem to work fine). Thanks for the winning tip! 

To recap, just in case this is still relevant to some of the people above: two seperate issues seem to pertain here and both are fixable by the user. One is the missing Colour Matching option in Print menu. This is remedied by deleting the printer from System Prefs/Printer list (as per JPR's post earlier in the thread) and adding it again. The second issue are the missing printer profiles in Soft Proof menu. I think the confusion is with the correct Library folder containing the Profiles. The correct path to Color Sync folder (and from it on to Profiles) is via Users/your name/Library, then Color Sync, then Profiles. You must reveal hidden files in order to get there. The other Library folder that bypasses User is not the one that Affinity looks in for profiles.