You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

using color checker passport

Hi,

I'm using AP since two week, now i would' like to use my color checker passport.

I'm working on Camera Raw and photoshop before and it was simply to using Color Checker, I don't have lightroom or other applications of the same kind.

I did not succeed in applying the ICC profile, when i create a ICC profile (with the color checker passeport) i don't find where i can apply this profile on the picture. 

do I have to register the profil in a specific files? How i can apply the profil when i'm using the development of the raw files?

I'm searching on internet but i don't find the solution.

Did someone can help me?

Thanks a lot

JMB

• Staff

Hi @jmbvsl47,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately there is no direct feature to use the Colour Checker in Affinity currently - as I understand it this is something our developers are working on and hope to have implemented in a future version.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

thanks for your answer

I like AP, but using the colorcheker passport is essential for me. I'm going back to camera raw and photoshop until it's works on AP.

There are commercial offers for x-rite with an affinity photo license, but the color chart works only with a third party application. 

here for exemple : https://www.facebook.com/affinitybyserif/posts/its-the-perfect-match-not-only-can-you-create-and-view-your-images-in-perfect-co/856719587836220/

Do you know if the development is coming soon?

thanks

jmb

• Staff

No problem at all, I certainly understand.

18 hours ago, jmbvsl47 said:

Do you know if the development is coming soon?

I don't have a more specific timescale for this currently, my apologies!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2020 at 2:11 PM, Dan C said:

Hi @jmbvsl47,

Unfortunately there is no direct feature to use the Colour Checker in Affinity currently - as I understand it this is something our developers are working on and hope to have implemented in a future version.

I hope this helps!

I am interested in the possibility of basic automatic raw correction based on the scene profiles generated by the color checker. Maybe putting on the wish list will help?

• 4 months later...

Hi, the lack of aColor Checker support is still rather infuriating as I would like to purchase a color checker to enable more accurate colours for reproduction of artworks. Without that feature, Affinity is really like an improved version of Gimp. I'm sure Affinity Photo would be much more popular if it had such a feature, rather than having to rely on laborious work arounds

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Mariusz_F said:

Is Affinity Photo v2 supporting usage of Passport Color Checker?

There have been no changes in that area.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 11/14/2020 at 2:11 PM, Dan C said:

Hi @jmbvsl47,

I hope this helps!

Do you have plans to implement Color Checker support feature in Affinity Photo v2?