You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BIG SUR 11.0.1 - Frame Text Tool - Lag.

Hello! : ) 

When moving the text frame (if there is more text), there is lag, there are problems with rendering the text,

and the MB Pro 16 starts to heat up strongly...

This in no only problem when working on built in retina but also on External Monitor - 1920 - 1080. 

Sending in attachment my configuration and video. 

Zrzut ekranu 2020-11-13 o 19.16.45.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 11/13/2020 at 6:19 PM, StraightFromSpace said:

Hello! : ) 

When moving the text frame (if there is more text), there is lag, there are problems with rendering the text,

and the MB Pro 16 starts to heat up strongly...

This in no only problem when working on built in retina but also on External Monitor - 1920 - 1080. 

Sending in attachment my configuration and video. 

IMG_0086.MOV

Thanks for the video. I don't believe this is an issue with Big Sur - it looks like you've got an incredibly large document (around A0 I think) and when a text frame is created on this document its adding a lot of words... more than most standard use cases. I can replicate this on Catalina when creating a frame the same size as yours. I've passed it on to development to see if any improvements can be made however.

On 11/13/2020 at 7:16 PM, itsrck said:

Sorry for double posting. Just wanted to attach this short screen recording.

lag.mov

Hi itsrck,

Unfortunately I can't tell what part of the application you're using from your video. Could you create another video showing the whole screen (and your document) and if possible attach a copy of the document you're modifying please? So we can try to reproduce.

Hi Sean P,

I think you may be right, I checked again (unfortunately on Catalina, because I did a downgrade) I also checked if the same happens when I type a lot of text by myself and then it is much better and it lags a bit but you know... : ) it can always be even better, perfection does not know borders ; )

D.