You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assets as Links

Will it be possible to use an asset as a link in the document? I use vector wall brick patterns for architectural mockups and having a library of different brick colors and patterns at my disposal in the assets would be awesome. But only as a low res link so that I can move quickly in the document.

Assets are whatever resolution you created them at, and are always embedded.

You might consider just Placing a brick image from your filesystem, rather than having them as Assets. Then they will honor the document's image placement policy automatically. Or,  if you really want to use Assets, make sure you create them from a Placed image while it is an (Image) layer. Then after using it later from the Asset panel you can use the Resource Manager's "Make Linked" function.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I guess what I'm after is a quick access library (assets) of jpegs, pngs, or eps files of vector artwork that I could use at a low res, so that I can create the doc without being bogged down by huge placed files. Similar to how Indesign places files and has the option to work in "Fast Mode" or whatever they call it.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.