You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just want to tell you my appreciation for Serif listening to customers, even when it requires patience on our end. I use the programs everyday. For 90% of our work it has completely replaced Adobe. I wouldn't be surprised that once PDF passthrough is enabled and works that we will be at 99% for creative production and newspaper. 

Unfortunately there is no replacement for Acrobat and the plugins that we use all the time.

The ability for Serif to be able to have all three of their programs ready for a new platform on day of release of the OS is a testament to their dedication for their software and customers for the future.

Adobe, on the other hand, hopes to have Lightroom by the end of the year and Photoshop out next year. Nothing about Indesign or Illustrator. I'm sure it's a mess of code because of years of just adding in without making sure was optimized. 

Thank you and God bless!

• Staff

Hi @Bryce,

Thanks for your kind feedback, it's certainly appreciated and it's always nice to hear how our users are enjoying using the products we work so hard on! 

I'll be sure to share this post with our developers, and the rest of the Serif team internally :D

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I specifically searched for such a thread of appreciation, so that I can second that commendation and not clutter the forum with multiple such posts.

I just read the "Feedback for Affinity Publisher on Desktop" forum and while it is understandable that there are a lot of impatient voices (including mine), I think that 99 % of the folks there are very happy with your overall work and the path where it is going and really wish the best for Serif and your Affinity suite. No one wants to cause undue pressure at all which would only cause negative stress and thus be like throwing a spanner in the works. We are just like children wanting that candy that we see (or invision) behind the store window. Of course, it is logical that you cannot do everything at once. You guys are doing a great job! Please, be patient with our impatience and don't let it get you down. ;-) Keep up the good fight/work at your own pace. Thank you for this fine software suite and your work of staying in contact with us through the forums!!

Best regards, S.