You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can no longer assign my own ICC profiles

Hello,

since the update to Big Sur I can no longer assign my own ICC profiles in the current beta version. This also applies to the current App Store version. The profiles are in User (and MacHD)>Library> ColorSync> Profiles. It works with APub and APhoto. Does anyone have the same problem or can confirm it?

• 3 weeks later...

A brief piece of information that may be helpful: I found out that the profiles are only taken from the publisher app itself. If you right click on the app and then choose Show Package Contents you will find the Resources folder. If you copy the profiles into it and restart the app, the profiles are available again.

On 12/3/2020 at 8:45 AM, PeterB. said:

A brief piece of information that may be helpful: I found out that the profiles are only taken from the publisher app itself. If you right click on the app and then choose Show Package Contents you will find the Resources folder. If you copy the profiles into it and restart the app, the profiles are available again.

They may be lost again next time you update the app.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 8:47 PM, derwebschreiber said:

I copied the icc into user/library/applicationsupport/affinitydesigner/profiles. Works for now. Maybe there will be a "import ICC Profile" in the future ;-) 

I dont even have this folder in the directory... 🙄

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2020 at 2:19 AM, MEB said:

Hi @derwebschreiber,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Thanks for your feedback. We are aware ICC profiles are not being recognized when installed/copied to the ColourSync folder since Big Sur update and are looking into it.

v1.9.0 and the ICC profiles issue is still not fixed ... With several computers and several user accounts on them, the above solutions would be an imposition when new ICC profiles come into play (apart from the fact that the computers are unnecessarily cluttered). Looking to the Admin (thats me) ... shaking head "no way, honey" ... 

If all three programmes are to be worked with, the profiles must currently be kept in three different locations at the same time in each user account, although there is a central system folder for this - seriously??? And interfering with the contents of the app package is out of the question! Sorry, solo artists may still want to experiment here, but agencies that would have liked to give Affinity a chance are out of the game.

Cheers,

Joerg

@Joerg Thoeming I understand your anger very well. But I also believe the Affinity team is working hard as hell to fix the bugs. Unfortunately I have to agree with you that the apps are not a serious alternative to Adobe for agencies at the moment.

All of this honestly reminds me of the early days of InDesign (Version 1.0+) where many of the standard functions from QuarkXpress or Freehand were still missing and many, many bugs made work very difficult.

That's why I only work with Affinity on smaller projects because the risk that something doesn't work is simply too high for professional projects.

But you also have to be fair, Affinity is building something completely new here. Just the comparison of the performance is amazing. But Affinity cannot catch up with a development that Adobe has made over decades. So give Affinity another year, then it is sure to be a serious alternative even for teams / agencies. Just my humble opinion...

5 minutes ago, PeterB. said:

@Joerg Thoeming I understand your anger very well. But I also believe the Affinity team is working hard as hell to fix the bugs. Unfortunately I have to agree with you that the apps are not a serious alternative to Adobe for agencies at the moment.

All of this honestly reminds me of the early days of InDesign (Version 1.0+) where many of the standard functions from QuarkXpress or Freehand were still missing and many, many bugs made work very difficult.

That's why I only work with Affinity on smaller projects because the risk that something doesn't work is simply too high for professional projects.

But you also have to be fair, Affinity is building something completely new here. Just the comparison of the performance is amazing. But Affinity cannot catch up with a development that Adobe has made over decades. So give Affinity another year, then it is sure to be a serious alternative even for teams / agencies. Just my humble opinion...

👍🏻

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.