You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a big problem about pasting text in AP

When I copy text from Word the text will be pasted  into small text frames in the big frame. I created the big text frame first and then copy and paste but all text will not just content they are individually small boxes.But my friend tried with the same WORD doc it is fine in your MAC so I really want to if anyone can help me with it. It is really annoying.

as you can see this photo. 

image.png.8eacb9a7c19aedda4f3415350c28210b.png

• Staff

Hi @AprilWang,

Welcome to the forums and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble!

After copying your text from Word, select the Text Frame in Affinity, then navigate to Edit > Paste Without Format - does this paste the text in correctly for you? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

I'm sorry to hear this! Could you please provide a screen recording, showing the text in Word, then copy and pasted into Publisher with your Layers Studio active? I am interested in seeing your document layout and how this appears in Word.

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

Many thanks in advance :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Many thanks for that, I can certainly see the issue here as your text is being pasted into Artistic Text frames, which are pinned to the Text Frame you try and paste the text in.

This certainly isn't something I've seen happening before, so I'm going to require a copy of this document to investigate further.

Can you please upload a copy of the Word Document, and the Font used in the Word Document to the below link for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/Biwf64xkLxJqDqqO8vjr

Once uploaded, please reply here to let me know.

Can you also please try changing the font in use in Word, then copy the text and try pasting into Affinity again - do you still see the same behaviour?

Many thanks once again!

Please note -

Many thanks!

hi Dan C 

Thank you for your further help. I have uploaded the WORD and FONT I use please check. 

My friend has Affinity Publisher too and I have asked her to try it for me but everything is fine in her MAC. But hers is MAC PRO mine is MAC AIR so I am not sure if that is the problem. 😫

Or maybe I should try to download the English version? 

Thanks again! 

• Staff

Many thanks for your file and font provided - I can confirm this isn't happening here for us either, the same as your friend with a Mac Pro.

It isn't the model of Mac you have that's the issue here, but there's certainly something specific to your system that's causing this.

I'd like to try resetting your app back to default settings to try and resolve this. You can do this by  holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity: Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video. - https://player.vimeo.com/video/189596577/

Please do let me know if this helps!

Please note -

Many thanks!

hi Dan C

I have tried twice and to make sure that I did it right I recorded the screen for you. Please see the video below.I have searched on line trying to find out if that only happens to me or it is a common issue. And it turns out that some Chinese customers have the same problem like me too. 😂   So I guess there might be something wrong with the version or I don't know.

Hope you can help us with it. 

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

• Staff

Many thanks for that - I am speaking with our QA team and we believe that the Mac region settings may have something to do with this - which would explain why other Chinese users are having this issue, but we are not seeing it here.

Can you please try changing the font in use in the word document, then copy the text again and paste into Publisher. does this now paste as expected?

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thank you for trying that. What happens if you paste from Word into Notes, then paste from Notes into Affinity Publisher?

I'd also like to see what is being added to your clipboard from Word, do you by chance have a 'clipboard inspector' type-app installed?

If not, could you please download the following app, copy your text from Word and then select 'Save to Disk' from the menu. This should save your clipboard contents as a file that you can upload to your reply. 

https://langui.net/clipboard-viewer/

Many thanks once again!

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff
11 hours ago, AprilWang said:

It seems to solve the problem when copying to notes first and then pasting into Publisher. Does that mean there is an issue with my Word? 

That certainly puts us a step in the right direction!

There may be a setting in Word that I'm not aware of causing this, so our QA team are testing this internally to see if we can replicate this.

In the meantime, could you please download the below .docx, which is simply filler text in Arial, then try copy and pasting part of this text into your Affinity Publisher. Does this paste correctly?

Filler.docx

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thanks for your further patience here, we have been running more internal tests and we're still unable to replicate this here.

We'd like to see what is being added to your clipboard when copying from Word which requires a clipboard inspector app - 

On 11/23/2020 at 5:02 PM, Dan C said:

Could you please download the following app, copy your text from Word and then select 'Save to Disk' from the menu. This should save your clipboard contents as a file that you can upload to your reply. 

https://langui.net/clipboard-viewer/

Many thanks once again :) 

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 7 months later...