You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

HI Sam,

How are you creating the PDF are you using File > Print PDF. You may want to take a look at the following thread.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/125364-color-cast-export-to-pdf-in-affinity-publisher-185/&tab=comments#comment-691004

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

21 minutes ago, Callum said:

HI Sam,

How are you creating the PDF are you using File > Print PDF. You may want to take a look at the following thread.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/125364-color-cast-export-to-pdf-in-affinity-publisher-185/&tab=comments#comment-691004

Thanks

C

I am using Export PDF (Press Ready 300dpi)...

6 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

Affinity apps embed a color profile by default when using this export mode. This causes the resulting PDF to be ICC-based, and accordingly requires the correct color profile in the viewer app so that colors get viewed as they are in the file, so in this case U.S. Web Coated:

icc_colors.jpg.1d71b1faf2bff33aab4c86dc7e3c7469.jpg

Unfortunately the profile intent is not included so the correct profile needs to picked manually. As your file already has all colors in CMYK mode, it is basically unnecessary to even include a profile. The easiest method to fix this would be eporting without embedding the color profile (which makes the export file DeviceCMYK based in which case viewing profile does not have any effect on the colo values), or exporting by using PDF/X methods.

Thank you for your suggestion? Which type of PDF-X should I be choosing? There 3 types in the export option. The first one did not seem to work and they colours are still off...

3 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

I had a closer look on your sceenshots and it seems you use Nitro Pro to view the PDFs. It may be that this app is not color managed, and if so, it would show vivid colors like bright orange more saturated (at full color gamut of your monitor) than Affinity apps that are color managed. In this respect the difference in color is basically illusory as the color values in the PDF export itself match the color values of the Publisher document.

But I'd ask the printer's recommendation on the export method, anyway.

Yes we keep an "ADOBE FREE" house :) but I will check again. Thanks again.

13 hours ago, Lagarto said:

I am not sure if I understand what you mean... My post was meant to point to apps that show PDF views identically and color-managed (similarly as Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro would show them), so on Windows two free apps that I know do that would be  PDF-XChange and XnViewMP. Note that if you install the latter, you need to make it color-managed by using the Preferences setting (if you do not do that, it would show colors similarly as e.g. Windows Photos, non-color-managed).

I got your point. I was merely pointing out my observations....