You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AffDes Beta (Mac)1.9.0.6:Contour tools causes crash

Hello,

I've tried out the contour tool in Aff.Des.Beta 1.9.0.8.

I found that upon completion of the contouring, when clicking  "Bake Appearance "  the original object disappears.
By that I mean that I'm left with just the contoured object and the selection box, nothing else.
Is this tool behaviour correct ?

Furthermore, the CAP and FILL buttons in the toolbar are still not fully visible when in the light mode.
Please see screen recording.

• Staff
6 minutes ago, catlover said:

Hello,

I've tried out the contour tool in Aff.Des.Beta 1.9.0.8.

I found that upon completion of the contouring, when clicking  "Bake Appearance "  the original object disappears.
By that I mean that I'm left with just the contoured object and the selection box, nothing else.
Is this tool behaviour correct ?

Furthermore, the CAP and FILL buttons in the toolbar are still not fully visible when in the light mode.
Please see screen recording.

ContourTool_1908.mov

This is by design - the Contour is applied to the original object and instead of being an extension to your original curve, it becomes your new curve object. It is probably easier to see with a fill colour.

The Cap and Fill buttons not being visible in Light UI is a known issue.

Thank you for your super speedy answer.

Still, I would have thought that a "contour" is exactly that : an outline of an existing object, not in combination with a disappearing act :D.
I guess that means we'll have to duplicate the original first before creating a contour.

Thanks again:)

• Staff
2 minutes ago, catlover said:

Thank you for your super speedy answer.

Still, I would have thought that a "contour" is exactly that : an outline of an existing object, not in combination with a disappearing act :D.
I guess that means we'll have to duplicate the original first before creating a contour.

Thanks again:)

That's not a problem, but you only lose the original curve of your object if you hit 'Bake Appearance'. If you want a contour, but don't want to lose the original curves then just avoid clicking 'Bake Appearance'. :) 

It is similar to how using Bake Appearance with the Corner Tool will mean your corners are no longer editable using the tool. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.