You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello - still a pretty new Affinity user trying to replace Photoshop CS6. I have an iMac, Mojave 10.14.6 and Affinity Photo 1.8.4. I installed the Nik Collection 3 plugins without any errors. When I look at Affinity> Filters>Plugins>Nik Collection I am not seeing Color Efex Pro 4 and Analog Efex Pro 2. When I look at Affinity Preferences I see a list of plugins, however Color Efex and Analog Efex have a status, "Requires Global Support", in red. There is screen shot showing this attached to my note. 

I searched the Affinity forum and found references to this problem but they are from 2016. 

Apparently this problem still exists. What is the solution?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Hector

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.27.20 AM.png

• Staff

Hi hector,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately these two plugins are incompatible with Affinity Photo I'd recommend taking a look at the following thread. 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/60117-new-nik-collection-released-by-dxo/

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi @hcaroselli,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The link to the thread mentioned above refers to an older version of the Nik Collection. Nik Collection v3 do work with Affinity Photo and is officially supported by DxO. To make the plugins work click the Authorise Global button in the Photoshop Plugins dialog (as shown in your screenshot above) then click again on the Authorise button in the Finder dialog that will appear next. Restart Affinity Photo and all plugin-ins should work correctly.

Thanks Raymondo and MEB. Yesterday I downloaded and installed Nik Collection again, so I am assuming it is the current version. I will try the steps MEB suggested, and keep playing around. Maybe I will also contact DXO and see if they have any ideas. I am hoping to get this working so I can replace Photoshop.

Thanks again.