You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is license for common text included in Affinity product purchase?

hi

Does anyone know if one is allowed to use "Verdana" and "Clarendon Blk BT" text for typing title of game and game manual when purchasing Affinity products? I plan to sell game commercially (this is hobby for now - distance future). I'm assuming the default text which is there by when I installing Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher is okay. 

I'm not talking about other text types where you have to install them or do stuff with them. I'm talking about the default text list available when installing Affinity.

Thanks

There are no fonts distributed with the Affinity apps. Any fonts that are available within Affinity Photo (or Designer or Publisher) must have previously been installed on your system.

Verdana is included as standard with both macOS and Windows, but I think your copy of Clarendon Blk BT came from somewhere else.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Since Verdana came with your operating system I don’t think you need to worry about using it in a commercial project. As for Clarendon, consider using Ultra instead.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

hi @Alfred

Thank you. That is free for commercial license? kk. I'll do some research on this.

I also want to confirm that I can use Verdana for commercial use, I'm checking with this website now. I'm not sure why they are selling Verdana if people have windows computer. 

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/ascender/verdana/

Edit: ah I see

"You can use them freely in your products & projects - print or digital, commercial or otherwise. However, you can't sell the fonts on their own."

Thanks again.