You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Best place to get presets?

Hi, everyone!

I would like to explore the use of presets : until now I have been carrying out manual adjustments and I'd like to to try something a bit quicker.

I googled "Affinity photo presets" and it seems there are plenty available, both free and to buy.

Bearing in mind that I am something of a novice, where would be a good place to get some presets from?

Many thanks,

Ged

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

Welcome to the forums @DrGed
Presets are available in various places in the Affinity applications (document set-up, shape tools, Export Persona, etc.).
Would you be able to say which presets you want to find?

Thanks for your reply, garry,

Most of my photography is landscape at the moment with a bit of occassional macro. One day I'd like to do some portrait but that is, I think, a little way off yet

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

Unless I have misunderstood your answer, you haven’t answered my question.
I’ll try to word it differently: There are many different types of preset, so can you show us a screen-grab of the part of the software where you are trying to use the presets?

Hi Garry,

I use tone mapping quite a lot and there are only 5 presets that come as standard. I think a good start would be to get some more, if that's possible.

I don’t use Tone Mapping myself so I’m not the best person to answer your question but my installation of Photo has a lot more than five presets included in the “Extreme”, “Crazy” and “James Ritson Customs” categories (see attached image).
If you do not have these categories then someone else may be able to show you how to get them (I don’t know how I got them if they are not installation defaults).
Otherwise, now that people know you want tone mapping presets, someone should be able to give you some more information but I would first try searching on the web for “affinity photo tone mapping preset” (without the quotes).

Screenshot 2020-11-12 083425.png

If you look in the Affinity forums under "Browse" - "Learn and Share!" - "Resources" there are several posts offering free Tone Mapping pre-sets. (Also a lot of other useful resources!) 😃

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad