You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

picker to choose colour counter productive

hello - hopefully i am missing something here as i am a fresh user to the program but i am finding the colour picker to be very counter productive.

for one, having to keep pressure on the track pad to drag it across the screen is very irritating. why not click the tool then click again when you are ready to select? sometime when choosing a colour down to the pixel it is very hard to fine tune this whilst having to keep pressure on the track pad.

additionally, and more baffling, is when i finally select the colour it does not fill the shape with the colour but rather adds the colour to the dot beside it. i then have to click the picker again to confirm the colour change. as a reflex i often close this window before i click the picker again simply because i have expected the shape to change colour when i actually selected the colour. then i have to start the process all over!

i use this tool extensively and it is actually one of the most inefficient processes in the menu for me.

can you please at least provide options for the user to change the function of this tool - ie 'one click select', or 'instant colour change on select'? 

like i said - hopefully ive missed something or there is an alternative way to achieve what im doing more efficiently.

thank you.

• Staff

Hi mrcavallo,

This was already discussed in various threads, in particular this one. Maybe you can add the first point (clicking instead of dragging) as i don't think this was mentioned/requested yet. This subject is also listed on the Common Feature Requests pinned at the top of the Feature Requests section (check it for more topics). We are aware of those issues and considering making changes here later.