You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

6 minutes ago, Peejee said:

Is there a way to downgrade to 18.3?

Not if you have the Mac App Store version, but if you have the Affinity Store version you can get the earlier releases (as far back as 1.7.1!) here:

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/publisher/1

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, Peejee said:

Thanks a lot! Opening the document in 18.3 no problem at all.

You’re welcome! I’m glad you’re up and running again. :)

2 hours ago, Peejee said:

Really strange this 😞 Also when I do a new 'save as' in 18.3 the magazine don't open anymore on the Mac in 18.4. (also try this on the second Mac.)

Very strange indeed. You may need to share your document with Serif staff to help them solve the mystery.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
4 hours ago, Peejee said:

Really strange this 😞 Also when I do a new 'save as' in 18.3 the magazine don't open anymore on the Mac in 18.4. (also try this on the second Mac.)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

When opening the document in 1.8.4, do you see any error message on either Mac, or does the app simply hang/freeze?

Can you please provide a copy of this document, that opens correctly in 1.8.3 to the following link for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/VTLTodl636s4UQg7rvFm

Once uploaded, please reply here to let me know. Many thanks in advance! 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Many thanks for your document, I believe I have identified the cause of this issue, as there is a known bug in version 1.8.4 that causes certain documents to get stuck on loading - as you've seen this isn't present in the previous version (1.8.3), however I can also confirm that this has been fixed in our latest beta version (1.9).

I've been able to open and edit your document in 1.9, faster than 1.8.3 could handle the document, so if you're willing then I ddo recommend giving the beta a try - as it can be installed alongside your retail version, so you have 2 versions available.

Of course, as it's a beta we recommend creating a backup of your file, before opening/editing this in the beta.

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)