You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Crashes on Save

jilanne

@jilanne

There were a few problems preventing the file from saving.

Should all be OK now but on the TABS+ SHADOW master page I had to group and Rasterise all the Art Text Layers. You will see this resulting Layer in the Layers panel called RASTERISED TEXT.

I did not have time to find out what exactly was wrong with the Art text on that page so Rasterising was the quickest option to get the file back to you as I have other stuff to do today.

You can readd the individual Art text layers back to the TABS+ SHADOW master page or leave as it depending on your choice.

I don't think anything else is now wrong with the file but best to check every page as there was a lot of corruption.

Don't forget to let SPaceBar know the information he has requested as it is preferable to stop this corruption from happening in the first place rather than trying to fix a file afterwards which is not always possible.  

PS I don't have access to the Linked files or some of the fonts you used in the document but hopefully that should not cause any additional problems when you try to open and save the file

fixed.afpub

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks @carl123 we narrowed it down to a pinned object on the TABS + Shadow Master and that is why it appears throughout the document. We are trying to find the steps to reproduce the issue. We can recreate the crash no problem but need to know how to create the issue from scratch.

@jilanne Thanks for letting me know about where the document is stored. Do you remember if you had been making changes to the Master or the pinned object around the time when it started to crash on save? Maybe that time or the previous time you had worked on the document?

Tabs+Shadow_Master.png

I can report I'm having this exact issue this morning with what it appears you're describing above. A text box that I have on my Master page with some placeholder copy and a pinned icon is causing the crash. When I remove the pinned icon from the Master page, the document saves w/o crashing. These are documents I was working on recently w/o issue until the updating to the latest build (1.8.6). However, I was having a similar problem many months ago that I could never figure out so perhaps it was a related problem to this pinned object. At that time I just rebuilt the documents out of frustration.

I simply opened the document to begin making some edits. At first I made a bunch of changes, hit CMD+S and Publisher crashed. I then got as simple as (1) open the document, (2) make one text change on page 1, (3) hit CMD+S, (4) crash.

As a sidenote, I absolutely love your products over the same three from Adobe. Sure there are a few features here and there that I've come across that are missing for my needs but things I'm sure you'll add in time. Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

@Shaylagee

Attached seems more stable, best I could do as I'm out for the rest of the day

You just need to redo the Section Names

Support staff may be able to recover it better when they start work later today

EDIT: Can't attach the file, error code 200 when trying to attach (multiple attempts)

Problem seems to be with Master Page, support staff should be able to recover document for you later

(Or delete the master page, add new one, redo master page objects from scratch, do not attempt to copy/paste from existing master page, reassign new master to all pages when done)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.