You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm have some issues using these tools. I am working on a project and try to use the blur tool and my PC starts revving loudly and takes close to 10 minutes to catch up after making one stroke. 

Is this a PC issue or an Affinity issue? Does anyone have a recommendation/solution? Is there a change I can make in performance settings?

I am running with  Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 on an HP Pavilion AMD A-12-9800 Radeon R7, 3.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro. The project is 11"x 8.5" 300 dpi.

Thank you in advance.

Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641, Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 HP Pavilion AMD A-12-9800 Radeon R7, 3.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro

• Staff

Hi @Flock17,

Could you take a screenshot of the Performance settings in Preferences and post it here?  Also what size brush are you using and does it happen if you use a really small brush, say 1 pixel in size?

Also does the same happen with the latest beta which you can download from here

Hi @stokerg,

Thank you for the reply. I have attached a screenshot of my preferences and the last brush size using the blur tool. I did not try to use it any smaller than that, though I will to see if there is a difference, though I know the effect will not be what I'm looking for. I will also try the latest beta to see if the same thing happens.

Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641, Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 HP Pavilion AMD A-12-9800 Radeon R7, 3.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro