You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo trial PSD Import

I just downloaded the 10 day trial. It runs fast, which I appreciate, but I need to import PSDs. and on the second PSD I tried, there are parts missing. Since I'm not a paid customer, I'm doubtful any bug I report will be looked at or fixed within 10 days but I'm attaching the PSD just in case. 

FYI, I'm attaching screenshots from Affinity Photo and Preview which show the difference. It's not the only problem, there's also a hidden layer group that represents a slide, and when I make the group visible, it only displays a small portion of the layers. This link to the website based on the PSD shows what the second slide should look like: http://spacarmen.com/

In any case, thank you for the trial. :)

post-15950-0-14551400-1440979442_thumb.png

post-15950-0-43834900-1440979450_thumb.png

SpaCarmen-Website-v4.psd

• Staff

Hi yitwail,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your report and file. The text was imported but it was positioned incorrectly (outside of the canvas on the top left). To find it zoom out a little to see the area outside the canvas, change to the Move tool and select the text from the Layers panel. I'm also able to reproduce the problem of layers in slide 2 being partially visible (depends on the zoom level). I'm logging both issues to be looked at.

• Staff

We are looking into issues with text placement.  I can't work out how it happens, but some text objects appear to be missing the normal offset data in the PSD files - normally text created with the text tool as a frame or art text mostly has a position value, but every now and then this value is missing.  It suggests that there is a way of offsetting text that we have still to identify.

We are looking into it.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

MEB/Ben, I appreciate your looking into this and I'm glad you can reproduce the problem. I was able to find the text by zooming out, but when I drag it to where it needs to go, the font gets altered it seems. Anyway, it's better than the text completely missing.