You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 1.9.0.834 Crash on signing in to my account

Thanks - I've investigated the crash report, but I can't debug it as I'm missing a binary from your system. Could you try zipping up the following file for me?

C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\Presentatio5ae0f00f#\13619a0ae7a2cd86b853b0bb98d2c45f\PresentationFramework.ni.dll

1 hour ago, footeg said:

Thanks Mark & Dan, I did have a good internet connection with this issue. I have attached the Zip file as requested Mark. Regards, Geoff

PresentationFramework.ni.zip 8.88 MB · 1 download

Apologies, this still hasn't enabled us to debug the crash report. 

Could you try the following steps for me please:

1. Rename the file C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo Customer Beta\Photo.exe.config to Photo.exe.config.old
  2. Download the attached file, and copy it to C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo Customer Beta\Photo.exe.config
  3. Delete old crash reports
  4. Run Photo, click on Register to generate a new crash report
  5. Upload the new crash report
  6. Delete C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo Customer Beta\Photo.exe.config
  7. Rename the file C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo Customer Beta\Photo.exe.config.old to Photo.exe.config

Thanks.

Photo.exe.config

12 minutes ago, footeg said:

Ok Mark, this is the new crash report after following the above steps.

ac372343-33e5-481d-ae71-e7263c4d6432.dmp 2.2 MB · 1 download

Thanks - that has given us a better capture, unfortunately though it looks like you have an optional OS update installed (Windows 10.0.19041.610) which is causing Microsoft to not find some files that are required for debugging. I'll see whether we experience the same crash after installing this optional update.

https://mswindowsuser.com/windows-10-build-19042-610-and-build-19041-610-now-rolling-out/

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.