You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer and Photo inner glow question

I was trying to simulate bubbles ... a very simply way (as I'm used to by photoshop) is to draw a circle object ... make the fill transparent and add "inner glow" as an effect ... while PS gives me this as expected:

Photoshop_TVSVRwNnhP.jpg.2a709faaac70336135c6c564732fca82.jpg

I get this from Affinity (regardles wether Designer or Photo):

Designer_rLieRRj5Us.jpg.33173df5623e224a78248c39129ac75a.jpg

Is there any way to get the same result in Affinity? If yes: how? If no: why not? ;-)

And is there any suitable workaround? it's quite an unexpected behaviour in Affinity ... lack of filling should not afffect the effects ...
Maybe it's just me not getting it ...

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

1 hour ago, DarkClown said:

Is there any way to get the same result in Affinity? If yes: how?

Give the shape a fill then reduce the Fill Opacity to zero in the FX dialogue

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

As a possible alternative, you can use a radial fill with the opacity at the centre set to zero - it gives you a bit more control over the lighting effect for a bit of that 3-D bubbly appearance:

838370570_Screenshot2020-11-09at12_08_35.png.6fe22301431d53c2e98d7ae745ebff9b.png

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.