You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.9.0.834 BETA - TIF file.

Are you able to open other files in the Beta?

I can't open anything in 1.9.0.834 unless I disable hardware acceleration (Preferences, Performance) and restart Photo.

But once I've done that your TIFF file opens fine for me.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

33 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I can't open anything in 1.9.0.834 unless I disable hardware acceleration (Preferences, Performance) and restart Photo.

But once I've done that your TIFF file opens fine for me.

Really, now it's OK. Thanks.

If you have alongside your GPU a CPU with an integrated "GPU" (APU called),  you might have to disable it in your bios.
Assigning in your Graphics settings all resources to Affinity Photo might help as well.

The file opens on my pc even thou I use an unrecommend slightly older Windows version.

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | gumroad.com/myclay
Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.