You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Background color problem.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Are you using the Beta version of Designer? Have you used the Beta before, and are you comparing the behavior with a previous Beta or with the retail version?

What format are you exporting to? Is it the same format you used before? What color was the background before?

And in the Export dialog, when you click the More... button, what do you have specified for the Matte option?
image.png.b039459394c6b6ca9548d29f7574f18e.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

First of all, thank you for your interest.

I was using Affinity Designer Windows Customer Beta - version 1.9.0.820. I updated version 1.9.0.834. But it did not work correctly, the program was closing, I uninstalled it, I installed the 1.9.0.820 version again.
When I export without giving any color to the background, it appears like this.

A similar thing had happened a year ago. After a little review, I don't remember what I did in RGB settings.
I don't know what happened now.

My export settings are exactly as you show.

Thank you.

Edited by Bersey

• Staff
3 minutes ago, Bersey said:

Another problem. In previous versions, the arrow-marked areas appeared with a single click, now they appear with a double click.

2020-11-09_12-52-23.png

This issue was fixed in 1.9.0.834. Do you mind re-installing that and then holding Ctrl when it launches to perform a Ctrl Run up and then tick all the boxes and then click 'Clear' (please note this will reset the app completely removing any presets so export any brushes, assets, styles etc that you want to retain)

This should avoid the crash you were initially getting. 

Thanks for the video - its a little hard to make out but certainly looks nothing out the ordinary. Could you try again after doing the above steps and also try manually setting the Matte colour to a white and see what you get. 

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.