You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colorize problem

I'm trying to add smoke to a photo which i can no problem, and send it to screen, again no problem, the problem is i can't seem to colorize the smoke to what colour I want, I thought if you go to HSL there should be a colorize checkmark like in PS but alas there is not. Any help would be great.

12 minutes ago, John Alex said:

I'm trying to add smoke to a photo which i can no problem, and send it to screen, again no problem, the problem is i can't seem to colorize the smoke to what colour I want, I thought if you go to HSL there should be a colorize checkmark like in PS but alas there is not. Any help would be great.

Or try to use a 'Recolour Adjustment'.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

11 minutes ago, John Alex said:

Affinity has a separate Recolour Adjustment.

1 hour ago, John Alex said:

Thank you guys so much, What i didn't realise is also you have to make sure the new smoke layer adjustment is under the new pixel layer, by default it puts it above.

There's an option in the Assistant that sets default to 'Add adjustment as child layer'. Then this happens automatically.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.