You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hang when Saving DNG files as .afphoto

Riot

It's happened to me several times this week. Not much more to say, when I finish editing my DNGs i'm trying to save them as afphoto's and it hangs at the "save document as" loading window. Only way out is force quitting and losing work. Some things like the menu bar etc still respond so it's not completely frozen. Once I was able to switch documents a single time but it remained hanging and soon wouldn't let me do anything with any document. 

• Running MacOS 10.15.7 on a 16" MBP, AMD Radeon Graphics, AP 1.8.4
  • Doesn't seem to be any pattern other than whats described above.
  • Can't reliably replicate, it's random
  • Files are saved internally to the SSD in the user folder.
  • Not synced with a cloud service

Oh, and also my file recovery does not seem to be working either which is great. Checked out the folders and looks like may was the last time they did anything. Checked a couple of times. It's set to 300 seconds in preferences, don't see any other options for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

They all have had similar layering techniques but it’s stuff I use in most of my edits and it’s happened in only some (high pass sharpening adjustment layer, clarity layer, curves layers, hsl, black and white, masking on most of them, colour balance sometimes, some inpainting, etc). I mean I could list a verbose list of everything I have used but I’m not sure if listing 20 layers and each tool used and blending mode etc would realistically be helpful when they have been similar on files that have worked and not worked.

I also have 32 GB of ram and an i9 so... not really lacking in power. It’s happened with 1 file open and it’s happened with 10 files open. We’re talkin 20 mp raw files so nothing insane. 

Also just to reiterate, it doesn’t happen when I’m using a specific tool it’s when I’m saving.