You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Table of Content turns into Index

Hi,

I'm facing a bigger problem on V 1.8.0.703 (as well as V 1.9.0.829 beta) on WIN 10

After finishing (almost) a book (content and table are perfectly finished), I started to index the book.
Suddenly I found that the table of content is gone, instead a copy of the index is displayed there (by refreshing both).
I tried several things, included renewing the table of content, deleting all entry of the index, but I can't repair it.
As soon as there is even one entry in the index, the problem appears again.
I tried with new beta version and it seems ok, but after opening it again, same problem appears (as soon or latest as any change in the book is made !?!?)

So:
- table of content is repaired and visible (start on page 3)
- table of index (rather at the end of the book) is there, visible and ok (no change in the text)
- But the checklist tells me, that the index has to be refreshed
- clicking on refresh, table of content turns into a copy of the index table (see pic)

What to do?
If you like to have a copy of the file, please return a download link (approx. 100 MB w/o resources)

IHV-INDEX.jpg.b6c0b409298c12d777c4ed2be10657d6.jpg

I had this happen as well when I tried to update the TOC. I couldn't find a way to resolve it other than undoing until the TOC reappeared. I also found that updating the TOC caused non-pinned pictures to move out of alignment.

In the end, I gave up and updated the TOC by hand. It was safer.

Grahame

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core 3.6GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD, GeForce RTX-3060ti GPU, 64-Bit Windows 11
Affinity Publisher/ Designer/ Photo 1.10.6.1665 and 2.4.2

"I don't do fruit-based technology."

Hi,

I'm just renewing an series of similar books and copied it from one to the next.

This problem appeared only once, after changing several portions in the next copy of that book (and on the same book file as well), it didn't happen again.
But I couldn't find out, what it was and why it was gone later.
Nevertheless I still have a misleaded copy of this book file saved, if there would be any reason to look into it.
So I have no idea, from which problem/failure etc. the problem derived.
At least, I'm happy that it didn't happen again.