You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi @Boldlinedesign,

We have seen a few other people running into this, but as yet haven't been able to reproduce it internally. To help us try and pin it down, would you mind answering the following?

• Do this happen every time you run the app up?
  • What is your OS version?
  • What is your default browser and version?
  • Are you using any non default IE settings?
  • Are you using any firewalls, or is there anything unique about your network setup?
  • What application language are you using? Does changing it change anything?

If you'd prefer not to post any of this publicly, feel free to just drop me a pm.

Thanks a lot

• 1 month later...

Hey @DanG - Thanks for reaching out again - I appreciate it. Everything is the same as before. I just updated to the very newest beta release for Designer just now and still have the exact same error.  I click on "My Account" from the top menu in the Designer 1.9.0.11 beta and I get the pop-up box to register. I have the two options at the bottom of that pop-up box - to register or sign in and both options result in a blue progress bar with the words "wait a moment" and then after a minute or two, it gives me the same "we're sorry, something went wrong during registration or sign-in". I have the option to try again or be reminded to try later.

@walt.farrell - I had noticed you posted an earlier comment about being sure I use the correct login - my affinity main account and not mistakenly use the forum account info - Good advice, but right now I can't even access a place to enter anything! I simply press either option, to register or log in and I get a new pop up window telling me to wait and then it tells me something went wrong. That's as far as I can ever get.
I decided to download the current beta for Photo and see if it made a difference to register or log in from there instead and so far it appears stuck at the "Please wait a moment" screen.
At the risk of beating a dead horse - I can't even access a place to enter a password and username to register to log in much less enter the wrong info! :)

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 11.48.52 AM.png

• Staff

Good to hear about the Windows beta build.

If you CTRL+Run up the Designer 1.9.0.11 beta is there an option to "Reset Account Data"? (at the bottom of all the options available to reset).

(We know the current Photo beta on macOS does not include all the latest changes and is awaiting a rebuild)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

yes I do, as the mac is the one you cannot get to work as I understand

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

yes I do, as the mac is the one you cannot get to work as I understand

ok but I'm not sure I understand the actual operation you're asking me to do on the mac. If I hold down the CTRL key as I double-click the designer beta icon, it acts like a right-mouse-click and I get a sub-menu.

I tried holding down the apple key as I double-clicked the designer beta app to open and it didn't seem to do anything different than a normal opening of the app.

• Staff

Press and hold down CTRL key (keep pressed until told not to)

Click the application icon once

In the menu that appears choose "Open"

Keeping CTRL pressed wait till you see a dialog that offers to reset the application variables.

Release the CTRL key

check the last option "Reset Account Data" and choose "Clear"

The application will start with that option reset

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2020 at 7:11 PM, Boldlinedesign said:

I'm trying again today with the same issues. is this a problem for anyone else?

I have the same (Photo & Publisher). Only Designer has logged correctly.

Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher v.2 for Win11, Dell XPS 9500 (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz | 32GB RAM)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.