You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing constantly

atefoto

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

I'm just checking those .dmp files now. I suspect I'll see the Nvidia dll referenced. 

WARP will be so much slower so I'd recommend only using it when you need to stitch/stack etc. I know it's a pain to switch and you shouldn't have to.

I've seen a few customers report uninstalling and reinstalling Capture One sorted it (it must reset the explorer integration or something). We've also reproduced the crash after installing a fresh copy of Capture One but on the second run it did not crash.

Please know that we are actively investigating this on a somewhat daily basis. 

Update - It is the nvwgf2umx.dll crash.

It's not that WARP is slower, it's a lot slower, and Affinity crash almost always when selecting GPU just when using curves or other things, so I'm stuck in WARP as long as that works.

This have to be a new bug, because this wasn't before 20H2 update of Windows AFAIK, so could it be GPU scheduling messing things up? Just a thought. I know Microsoft did something with GPU in the very latest upgrade. Could it be that GPU scheduling is locking that DLL to something?

I know there are thousands of people running 1904/2004(?) update (not 20H2) and running Affinity quite fine side by side with Capture One. I run "Capture One Technical Forum" over at FaceBook with 4000+ members, and quite a few of them ditched Adobe to use Capture One + Affinity. I've heard of no such problem like this before 20H2 came out.

I reinstalled Capture One and no bueno, crashing like nothing before. Stuck in WARP mode. Thanks, I hope for a fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I have the  same issues when started stacking astro pictures on my pc. Yesterday I tried it on my laptop just to habe a cross test and it worked. Back on my pc (i7 3200, 32 GB, geforce 1050 TI) it still crashes, Also reinstalled nvidia drivers. When disabling hardware acceleration and setting it to warp it works.
My laptop has simple Intel on-board graphics 620. I am sorry not being able to verify if this error is coming up with Win 10 20H2 since I tried stacking the first time last week when my pc was already updated. 
And now I just tested it on a thir pc here with the same source photos and it also works, Intel HD graphics 4200. On all three (!) machines Capture One is also installed so it seems like it is a problem related to NVidia hardware or their Open-Gl and not to Capture One.

Personally I think that is a red herring, I have never had explorer integration enabled in Capture One Pro and on this particular PC, old I7 and GB RAM, I never have and problems running both side by side with the GTX540M and AP is the only app having problems with later GPUs except for Video Enhance AI from Topaz Labs (but I know the issue there):

image.png.79f122957b370823bef537b20fb1fe08.png

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Another solution: I just uninstalled the NVidia driver and software and installed the studio driver version 442.92. With that driver it seems everything is working fine. Using newer drivers than that will cause Affinity Photo to crash here while stacking with hardware acceleration enabled.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I might be a bit previous here, but having just installed the latest v21 Capture One, and checked for both nVidia driver (still on the November Studio version) and Affinity updates (none), I ran a couple of the panos that reliably caused crashes previously, and everything was hunky dory.

I'll try some more torture tests tomorrow, but this might now be solved...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...