You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am working on a document (book) that is really 2 books in one. The author wrote one book, then 2 years later wrote a second book. Book 1 and Book 2 are designed to work with each other (a teaching text), and as such the author combined the 2 books into 1 larger book. As such the author has page 1-2 and then page 1a- 2a (technically pg 3-4), then  page 3-4 (technically 5-6), followed by page 3a-4a (technically 7-8), etc.

Currently there doesn't seem to be any system in Publisher that allows for this kind of non-standard numbering system, it would be nice if there was an easy way to do this that will save me from doing this manually for 160-ish pages (last pages being 81a-82a)?

Since this isn't easily accomplished at the moment, might I suggest a feature to allow something similar?

There is still a need to publish each book independently, but there is also a huge need for the combined book. So having access to all 3 versions (book 1, book 2, and the combined book) would be pretty awesome. Ultimately, I envision a process where I can take 2 books (my situation), either build them separately in differing files, and then combine them. Or perhaps the converse where I build 1 file, then split apart into the separate books. Maintaining the non-standard page numbering as mentioned above.

Robby

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.