You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.9.0.7)

2 minutes ago, dcarvalho84 said:

When you create a new document you have the option right after the document sizes.

Yep I just noticed that... I just tried it and it embedded the image rather than linked it as I had wanted... so I guess it's not working.

2 minutes ago, retrograde said:

Where is the "prefer linked" setting? I'm using the mac beta.

File > Document Setup:

837993555_betaDocsetup.jpg.3ea45070a37ec463c4d7de57dc66b431.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

But I still am puzzled why setting the "Image Placement Policy" to "Prefer Linked" doesn't seem to work for me. Does it work for you?

For some documents, placing is consistent with the chosen policy. For other documents, placing is consistent with the opposite of the chosen policy. There is a pattern to the misbehaviour, but I'll leave a thorough investigation to the developers.

9 minutes ago, anon2 said:

For some documents, placing is consistent with the chosen policy. For other documents, placing is consistent with the opposite of the chosen policy. There is a pattern to the misbehaviour, but I'll leave a thorough investigation to the developers.

In any case, for now, going to the new resource manager allows you to change it to whatever you need...

32 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Do you have any documents you can share that are misbehaving?

I am not at my Mac with Affinity apps at the moment, but I think a new doc from a Web preset can be problematic, whereas a new doc from a Press preset is not problematic. I'll check properly later.

• Staff
25 minutes ago, anon2 said:

I am not at my Mac with Affinity apps at the moment, but I think a new doc from a Web preset can be problematic, whereas a new doc from a Press preset is not problematic. I'll check properly later.

Thanks! I've removed my post above because it was slightly incorrect and got myself confused! So instead of keep modifying it i'll repost with correct info!

There is a known issue that the Document Setup dialog is incorrectly showing the opposite of the selected option. So for example creating a New Document with 'Prefer Linked' will place images as Linked, however the Document Setup dialog is incorrectly reading 'Prefer Embedded'. 

I will try the Web preset and see if I get any difference in behaviour to what I've said above.

"Added 'Save as package' feature for easy delivery of a complete project"

MattP....bless you, my son...ANYONE who used to use Ill*str*t*r and had to shell out extra bucks for a software like "Art Files" to package up all of the fonts and assets on an intricate poster or piece of artwork has felt my pain.

I can't open this build after today app store app update. It's asking for a registration/product Key.

My bought copy is 1.8.6 from the App Store.

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

2 hours ago, Johannes said:

I can't open this build after today app store app update. It's asking for a registration/product Key.

My bought copy is 1.8.6 from the App Store.

Same for me, both for this 1.9.0.7 Designer beta & for the current Photo beta -- as soon as both of those two Mac App Store retail versions were updated to 1.8.6 on my Mac, both of the 1.9.x betas are now asking for product keys I do not have.

The message that comes up is the same (wrong!) one we have seen before, saying that to participate we could install the beta from the Mac App Store. That's impossible because betas are not available through the MAS!

139062371_betakeyrequest.jpg.2fa06b5992d1b286c24633943138e220.jpg

No surprise, but this also breaks StudioLink for the APub beta. 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Just now, R C-R said:

Same for me, both for this 1.9.0.7 Designer beta & for the current Photo beta -- as soon as both of those two Mac App Store retail versions were updated to 1.8.6 on my Mac, both of the 1.9.x betas are now asking for product keys I do not have.

The message that comes up is the same (wrong!) one we have seen before, saying that to participate we could install the beta from the Mac App Store. That's impossible because betas are not available through the MAS!

139062371_betakeyrequest.jpg.2fa06b5992d1b286c24633943138e220.jpg

No surprise, but this also breaks StudioLink for the APub beta. 

A fix is on the way. New 1.9 betas which recognise the MAS 1.8.6 apps are being internally tested at this moment.

Just now, anon2 said:

A fix is on the way. New 1.9 betas which recognise the MAS 1.8.6 apps are being internally tested at this moment.

Thanks! I just saw words to that effect in the Mac Photo beta topic.

What would be <ahem!> really nice is if while they are testing the new betas they could also change the wording of the notice to eliminate the reference to the nonexistent MAS betas.

Affinity Photo 

16 minutes ago, R C-R said:

What would be <ahem!> really nice is if while they are testing the new betas they could also change the wording of the notice to eliminate the reference to the nonexistent MAS betas.

Yes, it's strange that they never fixed that nonsense ages ago. But I'm waiting for 5 year old bugs to be fixed, so not too surprised.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.