You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v829 Data Merge Manager – Re-Linking a 2nd source / Separated Mode

In v822 I noticed a fix of an unability to set the link for a 2nd source in the Data Merge Manager. Different to v801, since v822 I am able to add one and set an initial file path for any further than the first entry of the manager.

But, as in v822, I still experience in v829 that re-linking of a 2nd source (or 3rd, possibly any not 1st) still is not possible because the UI always jumps from the selected/highlighted manager item to the first item as soon the file window for selecting a file gets opened.
(> https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/126127-data-merge-–-cant-link-to-2nd-source/&do=findComment&comment=693756 )

Now I noticed that this issue gets caused by Separated Mode. It does not occur if I use the same workflow in not-separated mode.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 06/11/2020 at 13:21, thomaso said:

Dans la v822, j'ai remarqué un correctif d'incapacité à définir le lien pour une 2e source dans le gestionnaire de fusion de données. Contrairement à la v801, depuis la v822, je suis en mesure d'en ajouter une et de définir un chemin de fichier initial pour tout autre point que la première entrée du gestionnaire.

Mais, comme dans la v822, j'expérience toujours dans la v829 que la reconnexion d'une 2ème source (ou d'une 3ème, peut-être pas la 1ère) n'est toujours pas possible parce que l'interface utilisateur passe toujours de l'élément de gestionnaire sélectionné/surlignée au premier élément dès que la fenêtre de fichier pour la sélection d'un fichier est ouverte.
(> https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php ? /topic/126127-data-merge-–-cant-link-to-2nd-source/&do=findComment&comment=693756 )

Maintenant, j'ai remarqué que ce problème est causé par le mode séparé. Cela ne se produit pas si j'utilise le même flux de travail en mode non séparé.

For me the merge works perfectly, but I can't find how to do the output layout. I have as many pages as there are rows in my xlsx table; I would like several per page. Is this possible already?
Beta 1.9.843 Mac Os BigSur

2 hours ago, polochon said:

For me the merge works perfectly, but I can't find how to do the output layout. I have as many pages as there are rows in my xlsx table; I would like several per page. Is this possible already?
Beta 1.9.843 Mac Os BigSur

Yes, use the Data Merge Layout Tool.

3 hours ago, polochon said:

Well ultimately it does not take all the ranks. Refuse to take the first record, and do a random output, but respect the requested layout. Mystery…

Everything started from scratch. Perfect output layout!
Thanks for your advice…
Now, how to link the images? Which path to indicate?
The one used in InDesigne is not the correct one

6 hours ago, anon2 said:

mergeLayout.png.c0fcee215bb1c364b6fde9dcc3e182f1.png

If it's not in your vertical Tools Bar, try adding it via View > Customise Tools.

Everything started from scratch. Perfect output layout!
Thanks for your advice…
Now, how to link the images? Which path to indicate?
The one used in InDesigne is not the correct one

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.