You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Beta took over, and renamed my iCloud Affinity Publisher folder

I installed the beta. No problems and ran it. Decided against it and removed it.

Went to use Publisher (1.8) and discovered that the Beta had renamed my iCloud -> "Affinity Publisher" folder to "Affinity Publisher Beta". Leaving behind "Affinity Publisher old"

Now, ok I thought I'll just rename it. But I can't find it. It's now hidden. So, I have a folder now called Affinity Publisher Old. I renamed that to Affinity Publisher and copied everything from the "Affinity Publisher Beta" folder back into it. That's fine, but I'm damned if I can find the iCloud -> "Affinity Publisher Beta" folder to remove it.

I found it by finding a file that was unique to it, and showing it in Finder, So the folder is there - but hidden. Sheeeees. That's not playing nice. A beta is supposed to leave the operational stuff alone.

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

Hi @HarryMcGovern I'm sorry to hear you've experienced these issues. Thanks for sharing them with us, I'll take a look into it.

Just interested - had it placed all of the files from previous builds into "Affinity Publisher Old" and just the files that you had worked on in the new Beta into "Affinity Publisher Beta?"

21 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

Hi @HarryMcGovern I'm sorry to hear you've experienced these issues. Thanks for sharing them with us, I'll take a look into it.

Just interested - had it placed all of the files from previous builds into "Affinity Publisher Old" and just the files that you had worked on in the new Beta into "Affinity Publisher Beta?"

Hi

it moved all files from Affinity Publisher to “Affinity Publisher Beta” then renamed the original to “Affinity Publisher old”

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.