You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v829 Studio Preset - No Manager windows?

I wonder if not only panels but also manager windows are expected to be saved and opened with presets.

For instance I'd like to use a 'data merge preset' with the Fields Panel AND the Data Merge Manager window.
Another preset might want the Preflight Panel AND the Resource Manager / Font Manager windows.
Or one for document / layout basics setup with the various guide managers, e.g. Guides / Grid / Baseline Managers windows.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

At this point the function is, I believe, only for panels controlled by the View > Studio menu, as indicated by it also bring part of that menu.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

... whereas including manager windows could be a user-friendly improvement/completion of this young feature ...  :)

I assume as long a feature is fresh in development it might be easier to improve it. This could also include a one-place solution for custom studio presets (> "by design. Separate mode and "normal" mode are treated as different "instances", each with their own presets.")

EDIT: ... in particular because the differing types of windows versus panels have no advantage (purpose?). Especially the fact that in the Affinity UI such windows may be hidden/covered by panels, e.g. "Resource Manger", "Data Merge Manager" et al., even including "the Open..." and "Save As..." windows reduces the (expected) quality of the users experience.

Edited by thomaso

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.