You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When are you going to address this problem???

Whoever wants can keep removing the reports, I can keep putting them back up.

P L E A S E ! ! !  FIX THE BUG SHOWN BELOW!!!

These keep appearing outside of the reach of my mouse to close. The only way to make it disappear is to close the program. Then when I reopen the program, it is still in the way. The only thing I can do to make it move (usually it is to the far right and blocks much of the studio tabs) is to change the screen resolution from 1680 X 1050 to 800 x 600. Then it will move to the center top, but still cannot be closed.

Second post about this BUG today.

problemwithpublisher.jpg

1 hour ago, Smee Again said:

Second post about this BUG today.

Here was your first one, today.

1 hour ago, Smee Again said:

Whoever wants can keep removing the reports, I can keep putting them back up.

Once the bugs are accepted and logged, they are in an internal tracking system at Serif. You don't need to keep reporting them. (And it wastes time for the Serif staff monitoring the forums when you do.)

Also, it's very unlikely that the reports you've made have been removed. They're probably just in one of the archived bugs forums. And, again, it doesn't matter if your posts have been moved to the archives. The developers aren't looking here to decide which bugs to work on; they're looking in their bug tracking system.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Walt, the first post was not there when I returned to the forum 10 minutes after posting, thus the second post. When I was done, both posts were there.

As you are aware, not able to remove either one.

As far as behavior of the program, I can usually find a way to move the studio item after a couple of hours of my time experimenting. This time, all I am able to do is get it moved to the center of the page.

5 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Here was your first one, today.

Once the bugs are accepted and logged, they are in an internal tracking system at Serif. You don't need to keep reporting them. (And it wastes time for the Serif staff monitoring the forums when you do.)

Also, it's very unlikely that the reports you've made have been removed. They're probably just in one of the archived bugs forums. And, again, it doesn't matter if your posts have been moved to the archives. The developers aren't looking here to decide which bugs to work on; they're looking in their bug tracking system.

Reported in 1.7. Reported now in 1.8. If it shows up after the next update, I'll report it again.

i dont think that is afinitydesigner bug, i also got like that when use coreldraw when i'm still using it, some tool keep a appearing outside of the reach of my mouse to close, dont panic, just re configure your screen resolution and open that afinitydesigner again, just delete your user profile setting on that program, or try resetting to default configuration, if that/some tool still appearing, try reinstall your program, hope this help you

7 hours ago, Smee Again said:

As you are aware, not able to remove either one.

Try looking for Options or (perhaps) Moderation Actions at the bottom of a post, and choose Hide.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

7 hours ago, Smee Again said:

Reported in 1.7. Reported now in 1.8. If it shows up after the next update, I'll report it again.

Serif have requested that, preferrably, we not report them again. But if we feel we must, they have asked that we simply post again in the original topic, and not create new ones to report the same bug again.

-- Walt
PC:

14 hours ago, Smee Again said:

These keep appearing outside of the reach of my mouse to close. The only way to make it disappear is to close the program

This is common enough that Windows provides special methods of handling it. (Actually, these methods may exist simply because not everyone has a mouse or trackpad, and needs to be able to move windows around using the keyboard.)

1. Click in the panel to make sure it's active.
  2. Press Alt+Space+M to enable Move mode
  3. The mouse cursor should appear over the panel as a 4-headed arrow. Use the arrow keys to move the panel so the top bar is visible, then click, and operate the panel as usual.

-- Walt
PC:

I'm probably missing something, but can't you just dock the pane or close it from "View" – "Studio"?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 hour ago, PaulEC said:

I'm probably missing something, but can't you just dock the pane or close it from "View" – "Studio"?

Closing would work, but I don't think that approach would be able to dock it.

-- Walt
PC: