Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.9.0.829

• Staff

Purpose: Updates and Fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Windows Store: Not submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Soon

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.9.0.829 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is significant update from the 1.8 version available for purchase - we strongly recommend that you do not use this beta for real work as data could be lost and the files you save are not guaranteed to open in previous or future versions of Affinity Publisher.

---

Fixes And Improvements

General
Avoid reporting some Pass through PDF preflight errors twice
'Edit Detached' on Layer menu is not dimmed when it's inapplicable. Added commands to Edit Linked and Edit Frame Content
Find and Replace replacement style selection broken

Data Merge
Data Merge record filter
Added general data merge source info fields (Record Index, Filtered Record Index)
Fixed 'Revert Defaults' with Data Merge Layout

File Import
PSD Import improvements including loss of alpha fix

---

Release Notes for 1.8.0.822

Release Notes for 1.9.0.798

Release Notes for 1.9.0.796

Release Notes for 1.9.0.742

---

To be notified about all future Windows beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

I got an info mail about a beta update for macOS.

Different to previous update info mails this links to the version for Windows, both in the forum's path & download file type (.exe).

Edit: good news: there is a new mac version, too:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

PSD Import improvements including loss of alpha fix

\m/

Windows 10 21H2 -  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz - 16,0 Go - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

• Staff
35 minutes ago, thomaso said:

I got an info mail about a beta update for macOS.

Different to previous update info mails this links to the version for Windows, both in the forum's path & download file type (.exe).

Edit: good news: there is a new mac version, too:

Thanks, I have fixed the link in Patrick's post.

The macOS build is here.

• Staff

@Hilltop

Anyone can join in and use the beta, but thanks for the kind words whether you do or not

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Impressive. I have one issue though,

When using an embedded image and importantly when using images from stock panel and packaging the file, the images don't become linked automatically and get saved in the images folder. They show up in images section of packages panel as embedded and the embedded images don't become linked when saved as package. It would be great if there is an option to make all the embedded images become linked when saved as a package. (Something similar to collect for output)

Cheers, Siva.

3 hours ago, tsivadharshan said:

It would be great if there is an option to make all the embedded images become linked

Such an option exists already in the current retail version 1.8.4. – Turning embedded to linked resources works for me via the Resource Manager for all selected items with 1 click by pressing the "Make Linked..." button.

393620875_makelinkedcollectbuttons.jpg.9dda3660d281b27a5d80377e399d745f.jpg

Whereas the "Collect..." button copies & re-links all selected items to a custom folder & makes this way all embedded items becoming linked items.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

19 hours ago, thomaso said:

Such an option exists already in the current retail version 1.8.4. – Turning embedded to linked resources works for me via the Resource Manager for all selected items with 1 click by pressing the "Make Linked..." button.

393620875_makelinkedcollectbuttons.jpg.9dda3660d281b27a5d80377e399d745f.jpg

Whereas the "Collect..." button copies & re-links all selected items to a custom folder & makes this way all embedded items becoming linked items.

Hello Thomaso,

Thank you for explaining. But this is something I am already aware of. What i'm asking for could be better understood if you read the whole line:

22 hours ago, tsivadharshan said:

It would be great if there is an option to make all the embedded images become linked when saved as a package.

When saving as a package, if I have all images as embedded, they continue to be embedded eventhough an empty folder called "images" is created by default. I'm saying, it will be great if the save as package option automatically converts all the images into linked images and puts them in the images folder. This way I wouldn't have to collect/make linked all the embedded files before saving as package. This would also reduce the size of afpackage file that is created which currently becomes high because of embedded images that aren't automatically converted to linked. This option need not be default, it perhaps can be checkbox that shall be ticked when needed.

Also, another input to the affinity team. If all files that are created during packaging can be saved as a zip file by ticking a checkbox, that would be super awesome since I would have to zip it manually if I have to send it to someone, and naturally we would package mostly if we had to send/deliver it to someone.

Have a great day!