You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.9.0.822 - Crash on run up

On 10/30/2020 at 10:24 PM, R C-R said:

Just uploaded the zipped up folder to your Dropbox.

After renaming the folder the new 822 version now launches without crashing! Yay! 😀

EDIT: Any idea what in my ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher Beta folder was causing the crashes? I noticed before I trashed the renamed folder that there were two extra files in it, apparently backups of the raster brushes propcol file. I do not know if I made them myself by accident, but maybe they were involved.

I have the same problem. 822 does not launch (801 also does not launch). And I have no "Publisher Beta folder" in ~/Library/Application Support/.  There is only the "regular" Affinity Publisher folder. What can I do?

Edited by Spencer

• Staff

That's odd, we've had a couple of reports of this, to help us troubleshoot it can you let me know:

• Do this happen every time you run the app up?
  • What is your OS version?
  • What is your default browser and version?
  • Are you using any non default IE settings?
  • Are you using any firewalls, or is there anything unique about your network setup?
  • What application language are you using? Does changing it change anything?

If you'd prefer not to post any of this publicly just drop me a pm.

Thanks!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

13 minutes ago, Jon P said:

That's odd, we've had a couple of reports of this, to help us troubleshoot it can you let me know:

• Do this happen every time you run the app up?
  • What is your OS version?
  • What is your default browser and version?
  • Are you using any non default IE settings?
  • Are you using any firewalls, or is there anything unique about your network setup?
  • What application language are you using? Does changing it change anything?

If you'd prefer not to post any of this publicly just drop me a pm.

Thanks!

Thats what I get.

Yes every time :- (  Mac OS 10.10.5 - Firefox newest version - No Internet Explorer - Firewall is on, I tried with Firewall off - Application language German, tried English with the same result

image.png.f6ea421188efef1666ed2066b1d1e8b4.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.