You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can the save box not be anchored to the top of the window?

2 hours ago, F+C said:

It's super weird and it's always behind the toolbar.

Can you attach a screens shot?  Which application are you using?  When are you running into this?  What OS are you using?  I've never seen this issue.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

In OSX document bar pinned save dialog has been the norm for ages. Adobe apps though have free floating save dialogs. 

I too would prefer free floating save dialogs, sometimes you want to check file contents before typing the file name, like. And Affinity software really have he weird habit of keeping bars and panels on the top of everything, even save dialogs, which is clearly not normal.

On 11/4/2020 at 4:38 PM, Fixx said:

In OSX document bar pinned save dialog has been the norm for ages.

That is quite true. And yet, for me on macOS 10.14, Affinity Publisher and Designer (I didn't test Photo) use a moveable floating window for the save and save as functions. So I am curious where this is happening. Perhaps F+C is referring to the export screen, which is anchored such that it drops down just below the contextual toolbar.

22 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

And yet, for me on macOS 10.14, Affinity Publisher and Designer (I didn't test Photo) use a moveable floating window for the save and save as functions.

I have also Mojave and save and save as dialogs are anchored to document bar.

On 11/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, Fixx said:

I have also Mojave and save and save as dialogs are anchored to document bar.

Interesting. That gave me the idea that maybe it is different in separated mode. Indeed, for me, it is anchored when in separated mode, but floating window when not in separated mode or when in full screen. I usually use fullscreen, occasionally non-full screen, and never separated mode except for the brief tests such as this one.