You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi @XXXX,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
There's no options to increase the size of the icons/UI. If you are on macOS you can increase the UI text size going to Affinity Preferences, User Interface section and setting the Font UI Size to Large. On Windows you have to use the controls provided by the OS to change the scale of the UI or the text size.

The icons are fixed in size. 

If you are using Windows 10 version 1809 or above, you can increase the size of some of the text in the APhoto UI without changing the scale of everything on the screen (which is undesirable). For instance, tool tips attached to the icons can be made larger. That's a big help until you memorize the positions of the tools and don't have to depend so much on icons. (Of course, tools can be moved anywhere on that panel, as well as being added or removed.)

See my posts at

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/125603-ui-scaling/&do=findComment&comment=689223

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/74923-changing-affinity-photo-user-interface-font-size-in-windows-10/&tab=comments#comment-430003

Affinity Photo 2.4.1 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 11:57 PM, Granddaddy said:

The icons are fixed in size. 

If you are using Windows 10 version 1809 or above, you can increase the size of some of the text in the APhoto UI without changing the scale of everything on the screen (which is undesirable). For instance, tool tips attached to the icons can be made larger. That's a big help until you memorize the positions of the tools and don't have to depend so much on icons. (Of course, tools can be moved anywhere on that panel, as well as being added or removed.)

See my posts at

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/125603-ui-scaling/&do=findComment&comment=689223

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/74923-changing-affinity-photo-user-interface-font-size-in-windows-10/&tab=comments#comment-430003

Heya,

I don't think that this solution can work for many people. I have already applied some OS scaling and I already use many applications which allow UI customisation (fonts, dpi scaling or else). If I'm to apply a system wide change it will turn everything upside down. The only long term solution is proper UI/UX implementation, let people adapt the tool to their needs. It does not need to be some fancy configuration interface where you specify what is what,  even a simple file will enable most people. Of course, the bigger problem is that the software is mostly likely very rigid inside to allow such feature (albeit basic) to be implemented.

Best regards.

• 1 year later...

PLEASE consider this for the next update. The icons are just too small for many people and they make the software unusable.

I'm on a mac. It's not a text size thing, it's the icons. I feel like the software designers aren't listening/don't care.