You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all,

I have a problem with color profile, and need a tip for printing.

I have a project with ISO Coated v2 ECI 300 or Coated_Fogra39L_VIGC_300 color profile and a CMYK barcode in EPS format. This is a book cover and for printing need barcode in 0,0,0,255 black, and without embed ICC profile.

When I insert barcode to project, automatically converted lower black, but these profiles include full K support.

image.png.78038edab0512531193e6ef9d26f0fbd.png

If I open barcode with double click, and assign (not convert) to correct ICC profile, then I get correct values (with strokes?).

image.png.4cfd045bcedbd2013c33d78bf2893360.png

I tested this value with Just Color Picker in CMYK pick, but I get different value:

image.png.fb2369f9efd8287beda929b6ffc6f815.png

And after PDF export get a new value again:

image.png.066cb2f3b2ca3e6369691a9694336d2d.png

Here is my PDF export settings, and I tried "Convert image color spaces" option turned on or off, but no helped.

image.png.91519fede4d90c934ef1383c75698dd1.png

How can I set PDF export for leave barcode in original 0,0,0,100 format?

If open my PDF in Affinity Photo, then Affinity picker see 0,0,0,100 in barcode... Is this correct? (I haven't Adobe Acrobat Pro for checking.)

1 hour ago, mykee said:

0,0,0,255 format

Do you mean 0,0,0,100??? - If I was having these problems, i'd open the liked eps and convert to curves and copy paste into the actual artwork and make solid black, although assign should work as expected - have you checked the values in Acrobat? 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

19 minutes ago, Dazmondo77 said:

Do you mean 0,0,0,100??? - If I was having these problems, i'd open the liked eps and convert to curves and copy paste into the actual artwork and make solid black, although assign should work as expected - have you checked the values in Acrobat? 

Thanks, I fixed, 0,0,0,100 is correct of course.

I didn't check in Acrobat, but press can, and call me, this barcode not include K value only with 100. And tried open embedded file (then I get curves), assigned to ICC profile, close that, and after export checked picker... But Affinity picker give back different value as Just Color Picker... What is correct?

Not familiar with Just colour picker - but I suspect it works by interpreting RGB values from your screen and not from within the apps - I would guess you'd be safe to go with the values from Affinity - but I can't imagine not checking seps and standards conformance before sending to your print service provider.

You could always open your pdf in photo and view the colour values

Screen Grab 2020-11-04 at 11.45.16.png

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Maybe you should just upload the barcode? Did you ever get correct CMYK values with Just Color Picker? I downloaded this tool made a M100Y100 rectangle in APu and checked with JCP and it told me that it is M100Y94K9.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

@Dazmondo77 Thanks for great help, and I will believe for Affinity, and need plus steps if I use a barcode:

• open code (as embedded or not)
  • assign to same color profile as cover
  • after PDF export will check in Photo too.

@Joachim_L Thanks, and I think JCP is convert CMYK value from RGB (as said Dazmondo), because under RGB working perfect. I make barcodes here, this online tool can make 0,0,0,100 CMYK barcode to EPS: https://www.free-barcode-generator.net/isbn/

@mykee I made a test with your barcode generator. Why not:

1. Generate your code.

2. Instead of downloading open it with AD or APu directly.

Benefit: For me it opens right away with the correct CMYk colour profile and then I just have to copy the elements.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed